The AirFrame™ ballistic helmet sets new standards in protection, comfort, and modularity. Complete AirFrame™ helmets weigh a full 20% less than complete ACH 2002 helmets while providing more coverage area. The AirFrame™ was developed with a mandate to dramatically reduce head-borne weight while exceeding the ACH frag threat. The AirFrame™ exceeds the ACH frag threat by an average of 20%. A complete medium AirFrame™ helmet weighs only 2.30 lbs., and the large weighs a mere 2.55 lbs.
The AirFrame’s™ unique overlapping shell design creates an integrated vent that provides passive cooling and also reduces the damaging effects of explosive blast waves. Each AirFrame™ helmet features an OpsCore™ H-Nape Head-Loc™ retention system for unmatched stability, comfort, and ease of adjustment.
Up armoring the AirFrame™ with ballistic ear or face protection is as simple and fast (see our EARS™ and CHOPS™ for more info). All helmets and components are compatible with common ear pro systems like Peltors™ and Sordins™.
- Revolutionary vented shell design for passive cooling
- Covers more of wearer's nape than traditional designs
- Modular ear and face protection available
- Modular ARC-Rail™ system available (O2 compatible)
- Contain 3/4" pads
- Can be pre-drilled at factory for 3-hole NVG mounts (configuration compatible with OpsCore and Wilcox 3-hole mounts)
- Medium: 2.30 lbs.
- Large: 2.55 lbs.
- Xlarge: 2.75 lbs.
As of August 2013, approximate 8-12 week lead time applies.