Crye Precision LLC (the “Company”, “Crye”, “we”, “us”, and “our”) respects your privacy, therefore we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Policy.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
Use of the Websites is subject to the terms and conditions of this Policy. If the terms and conditions of the Policy are unacceptable to you, please do not use the Websites and do not submit any personally identifiable information. By accessing or using the Websites, you agree to this Policy. Additionally, when you submit information, you consent to the information collection, use, and disclosure practices as described in this Policy.
This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Websites after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
AGE OF USERS
Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Websites, make any purchases through the Websites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have inadvertently and without authorization obtained any information from a child under 13, please contact us. Individuals who are age 13 or older but under the age of 18 (individually, a “Permitted Minor”, and collectively, “Permitted Minors”) are only allowed to use the Websites with the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by this policy. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a Permitted Minor without the supervision or consent of a parent or legal guardian, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have inadvertently obtained any information from a Permitted Minor without parental consent, please contact us. California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see “Your California Privacy Rights” below for more information.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
During your visit, the Websites may passively collect certain kinds of information (including, but not limited to, anonymous internet protocol addresses, navigational data and cookies). We may additionally collect information about you by way of the emails you send to us, or, via information gathered based on content or other materials you may submit. In either case, we may use the information you provide for many reasons, including, but not limited to, replying to your e-mails and learning more about our users in aggregate.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We reserve the right to disclose or transfer any personal information collected at the Websites for the following purposes: (i) to protect the security of the Websites; (ii) to protect ourselves against liability; to respond to subpoenas or other judicial processes; and (iii) if we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
You should be aware that e-mail submitted through the Websites (including forms submitted via e-mail) may not be secure or encrypted, so you should take particular care in deciding what information you send via e-mail. However, once we receive any personal information you provide to us, we will take reasonable steps to protect such personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS
More information regarding opting out can be found at the following:
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS:We use Google Analytics to understand how our website, services, and products perform. To learn more about how Google processes your data, please visit: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/. To opt out of Google Analytics, please install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- UNIVERSAL OPT-OUT: You can also opt out from companies like Google and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA: https://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You can also opt out of participating companies from the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe: https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt out using your mobile device settings.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with our vendors, subsidiaries, partners, and third-party independent contractors for purposes of: (1) performing functions on behalf of us, such as processing credit card transactions; (2) providing you with product offers, marketing or promotional materials through phone, text, or electronic and/or postal mail; and (3) tracking information generated through our Website. Our vendors, partners and third-party independent contractors are obligated contractually not to use or share your personal information for unauthorized purposes.
If our information practices change at some time in the future we will post the policy changes to our Website. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our Website periodically.
Finally, we never use or share the personally-identifiable information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
By creating a Customer Account on the Website, you will be able to store certain personal information to assist your online shopping experience. Accounts are completely optional and provided for your shopping convenience. If you do not wish to set-up an account, you can proceed to checkout as a “Guest.”
You may access and edit any personally-identifiable information maintained within your account at any time.
RETENTION OF DATA
We will retain your personal information as long as it is necessary for the purposes described in this Policy. We will also retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
We contract with a third party to maintain and host our Website. Therefore, any information you submit, including personal information, will be placed and stored on a computer server maintained by this third-party host. The third party has agreed to implement technology and security features and strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of your personal information from unauthorized access or improper use.
We have implemented measures designed to secure personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to, through, or by the Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in the Websites.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY; COPPA COMPLIANCE
We are in compliance with the requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). We do not knowingly collect information from minors in the United States or elsewhere with or without the consent of their parents or guardians. Children (under the age of 18) are not eligible to use the Website unsupervised, and we ask that children do not submit any personal information to us. If you are not 18 or older, you should not visit or use our Website or social media accounts. If you become aware that a minor has provided us with personal information without appropriate consent, then please contact us using the details below so that we can take the appropriate steps in accordance with our legal obligations and this Policy.
THE CCPA PROVIDES CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS WITH THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL RIGHTS:
The following privacy notice supplements the information contained above and applies to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
INFORMATION COLLECTED OR RECEIVED
In order to make our services available to you, or to meet a legal obligation, we collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer of device (“personal information”). In particular, the Websites have collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last 12 months:
|Category||Examples (not intended to be exhaustive)||Collected|
|Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier,Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Securitynumber, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similaridentifiers.||YES|
|Personal information categories listed in the CaliforniaCustomer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.|
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|Protected classification characteristics under California orFederal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, nationalorigin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition,physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, genderexpression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexualorientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (includingfamilial genetic information).||NO|
|Commercial information.||Records of personal property; products or services purchased,obtained, or considered, including data related to insurance policies; orother purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|Biometric Information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, andbiological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a templateor other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints,faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or otherphysical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history,information on a consumer’s interaction with a websites, application, oradvertisement.||NO|
|Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similarinformation.||NO|
|Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|Non-public education information (per the Family EducationalRights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained byan educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts,class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, studentfinancial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.||Profile reflecting an individual'spreferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behaviors,attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Publicly available information from government records;
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope like:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm Leach Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products you purchase.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information for one or more of the following legitimate business purposes:
- For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Websites, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your experience on our Websites and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Websites, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Websites, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Company about our Websites’ users is among the assets transferred.
- To protect ourselves against liability.
- To respond to subpoenas or other judicial processes.
- If we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
The Company will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company may disclose your personal information to a third-party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, such third-party has entered a contract with either you or Company that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Contractors and service providers.
DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR A BUSINESS PURPOSE
In the preceding 12 months, the Company has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose to the parties identified above:
- Category A: Identifiers.
- Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Category D: Commercial information.
- Category E: Geolocation data.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
SALES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold personal information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The CCPA provides individuals (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
ACCESS TO SPECIFIC PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA PORTABILITY RIGHTS
You have the right to request that the Company disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
DELETION REQUEST RIGHTS
You have the right to request that the Company delete any personal information about you or that you have inputted into the Websites that was collected and retained, subject to certain exceptions including regulatory data retention requirements. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable individual request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) the personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the personal information is necessary for us or our third-party service provider to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- >Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another customer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- >Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation, including, but not limited to, compliance with applicable state and federal regulations that govern retention of Personal Information.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that Personal Information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
EXERCISING ACCESS, DATA PORTABILITY, AND DELETION RIGHTS
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Submitting the form found by clicking the link at the bottom of this Webpage entitled Privacy Rights for California Residents.
- Legal@CryePrecision.com; or
- Sending a letter to us at Crye Precision LLC, 63 Flushing Ave, Unit 252, BLDG 128B, Brooklyn, NY 11205
Only you, or a person registered and authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
RESPONSE TIMING AND FORMAT
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to ninety (90) days in total), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response to the email address or physical address identified on your account with us.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the personal information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any personal information rights. Unless permitted by applicable regulations, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
The Websites are not intended for use by children under sixteen (16) years of age. No user under age sixteen (16) may provide any personal information to or in the Websites. If you are under sixteen (16), do not use or provide any personal information on the Websites or through any of its features, register on the Websites, or provide any personal information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that personal information. If you believe we might have any personal information obtained from a child user under sixteen (16), please contact us through Legal@CryePrecision.com or at Crye Precision LLC, 63 Flushing Ave, Unit 252, BLDG 128B, Brooklyn, NY 11205.
We understand that you might provide personal information on the Websites relating to children under sixteen (16), in such a case, those children are afforded all of the rights as outlined herein and verifiable requests to the personal information must be made by a person with the legal authority to act on their behalf.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
If you have any questions please contact us at Legal@CryePrecision.com
LAST UPDATED AND EFFECTIVE:
September 7, 2022